There's nothing better than freshly baked bread served with a selection of gourmet cheeses! And now you can learn the basics of cheese and bread making at BoatShed.
Where: Mount Martha, Victoria, Mornington Peninsula
This full-day, hands-on class will cover the basics of cheese and bread making, a gourmet lunch, tea and coffee, and extensive cheese tasting!
At BoatShed cheese, we believe that knowledge is priceless. Tamara is well known for creating easy, approachable recipes to share with her students, which has kept them coming back time and time again.
In this class, students will learn to make:
• A range of artisan breads, including plain, grain and herb bread as well as baguettes and fruit bread
• Our rich, delicious French-style brie and award-winning 'Compass Gold'
• A range of lactic goat's cheese including curd, marinated Persian feta and Provencal style goat's cheese with herbs and ash
• Freshly made cow's milk ricotta
The fruits of your labour
• Enjoy a range of artisan breads: plain, grain, herb, baguettes and fruit breads (and take your own bread home with you)
• Several kinds of cheese from a variety of milks
• Gourmet lunch, cheese tasting, tea/coffee throughout the day
• A complimentary copy of Tamara’s new cookbook ‘Curd and Crust’
The kit required
We recommend guests bring a basket and plastic container (about the size of a shoebox) to take their cheese and bread home in.
BoatShed Cheese was created by Tamara, of Tamara's Kitchen, a well known cooking school in Hawthorn, Melbourne and author of several cookbooks.
Tamara's first food love was bread-making and since 1989, Tamara has taught thousands of her students how to make delicious bread as well as cakes, risotto and so much more. Her love of food has taken her to France where she has taught and escorted gourmet 'foodies' to Provence to learn more about the food and lifestyle of this popular destination.
Upon moving to the Mornington Peninsula, Tamara discovered the wonderful array of locally produced foods including farm-fresh goat milk - the essence of most Provencal cheese. With local produce and a desire to re-create her favourite French style cheese, Tamara began an exciting and enlightening journey into the world of cheese making.
Tamara is well known for creating easy, approachable recipes to share with her students and it’s kept them coming back time and time again.